Protein diet means weight loss due to high protein food intake and minimum carbohydrate intake. There is a misconception that if you completely leave out carbs and only eat protein foods, weight loss will happen faster and more effectively, but this is a misconception. Complete exclusion of carbohydrates from the menu is harmful to health.
These days, protein diets are very popular and many are inspired by the examples of movie stars and politicians who lose extra pounds thanks to these diets. Therefore, most people are interested and looking for new recipes for protein dishes that can diversify the protein diet menu. So that your diet does not consist of one omelet, you can prepare the following recipes for the first and second courses, as well as a variety of salads and desserts.
The essence of the diet
During the diet, it is necessary to eat more protein foods, but it is not recommended to exclude carbohydrates completely, this can harm the whole body or exacerbate chronic diseases. During a protein diet, it is necessary to calculate the number of calories, you can not eat more than you spend. Calorie intake can increase due to physical activity, and calorie consumption can be reduced by replacing high -calorie foods with low -calorie foods, i. e. reducing the energy value of food. If you follow your calorie intake and adhere to the basic principles of the diet, your weight loss will be fast and effective.
Principles of diet
- You need to eat six times a day every day. Try to eat major carbohydrates in the morning, leave low-calorie foods for dinner, and the last meal should be at least three hours before bedtime.
- Try creating a menu for the day with slow carbs that are only eaten for breakfast, and in the afternoon choose from a large number of dishes that contain more protein foods.
- While cooking, try to choose low -fat recipes and use vegetable oil for salad dressing, forget mayonnaise.
- When cooking, try to choose recipes that use steaming or grilling - avoid fried foods.
- Reject the use of sugary drinks, it is dangerous for the figure - remember this!
Top protein foods
While adhering to a protein diet, you should know which foods are high in protein. Using this list, you can easily create a menu for today, preparing a wide variety of dishes from this product.
- Low -fat cottage cheese - you can eat it for breakfast or prepare a variety of dishes from it. For example, you get a very tasty dessert - a casserole. You can eat it in a day no more than 250 grams.
- Skim milk - it is very healthy, in addition, contains a large amount of protein. Allowed to drink a maximum of one glass a day.
- Egg whites, during the day you can cook omelets from them or it can be used as an additive in the preparation of dishes. In one day, you can eat no more than 6 of them.
- A variety of seafood, contains a lot of protein and almost no fat, you can eat it during the day no more than 300 grams.
- Adhering to a protein diet, the main products in the menu are lean meats, this is considered: chicken fillets, lean beef.
- Fish with low -fat types, it is allowed to eat it daily no more than 200 grams. It is best to use it boiled or roasted.
- Nuts like peas or almonds are a storehouse of protein, but you shouldn’t eat more than 100 grams a day.
First course recipe
Many people argue that adhering to a protein diet should exclude soups from their menu, as most soups contain large amounts of vegetables, but this is not the case. You can diversify the menu, preparing soups from protein bases (meat broth from poultry or fish), with carbohydrate marinades. A protein diet doesn’t mean you just have to eat omelets from eggs every day, liquid food is also needed, it contributes to weight loss. You can use the recipe below to make soup.
Spinach soup - puree
For soup, you need the following products:
- 200 grams of turkey fillet;
- spinach packaging;
- a few cloves of garlic;
- any green of your choice;
- one -third of a glass of milk (skim);
- pepper mixture.
Take a pot, pour water into it and boil the turkey fillet in it, you will get its rich broth. Remove the fillets from the broth, cool, then chop. Then put the chopped spinach into the broth and boil for 5 minutes, then add the chopped fillets into the broth and boil for another 5 minutes. You should have a fluffy mass, which must be turned into a smoothie using a blender, while adding the milk gradually. At the end of cooking, season with salt, pepper and add the chopped ingredients. It is best to serve the soup immediately after it is cooked, as it can change its consistency when reheated. You can, at your discretion, change the recipe by substituting milk with skim cream or turkey fillets for chicken.
Fish soup "Salmon milk"
You need to:
- 1 liter of water;
- 400 grams of salmon fillet;
- 4 medium -sized tomatoes;
- 1 simple onion;
- 500 milliliters of milk (skim);
- green variety;
Peel a tomato by pouring boiling water over it, and then remove the skin, finely chop. Peel an onion and chop finely. Also peel the carrots and grate. Then take a sticky pan and fry the onions and carrots on it without adding oil, then add the chopped tomatoes to the vegetables. After that, take the pot, transfer the contents of the pan into it and fill with water, cook for 5 minutes, and then add the chopped salmon fillets. After 2 minutes, add milk and boil for another 5 minutes, and at the end add salt, pepper, chopped herbs. Turn off the heat and let the soup boil for another 20 minutes. The recipe can be modified by substituting salmon with another type of fish.
Chicken Meatball Soup
You need to:
- 1 liter of chicken broth;
- 400 grams of chicken fillet
- onion head,
- lada bel;
- 200 grams of green beans.
Take the chicken fillet and turn in a meat grinder, put the chopped onion in it, mix. The minced meat forms into meatballs. After that, take a pot with chicken broth, and bake, bring to a boil. Immediately after the gravy boils, put the chicken meatballs in the boiling water, along with the green beans and chopped peppers. Salt the broth a little, add the herbs and cook until soft.
Egg noodle soup
For soup, you need the following products:
- 3 eggs;
- 1 liter of gravy (chicken);
- various types of green of your choice;
- pepper mixture.
Beat 3 eggs with a mixer and cook a thin omelet from the pan, frying it on both sides in the form of pancakes. Take the pot, put the gravy on the fire until boiling. While the broth is boiling, take an omelet and cut the noodles thin. Then add the noodles, chopped herbs, salt, pepper mixture into the boiling soup and simmer for two minutes, after which the soup is ready.
Second course recipe
Many people mistakenly think that when following a diet, you should only make a menu for the day only from protein products, but this is a misconception that you can cook a dish with the addition of vegetables. For example, tomatoes contain lycopene, which enhances the effects of a protein diet. Nutritionists recommend making a menu for the day, where the recipe includes tomatoes. For example, an omelet with tomatoes is perfect for breakfast. You can also choose one of the protein recipes below to diversify your menu.
Omelette with tomatoes and herbs
- 2 medium -sized tomatoes;
- 5 eggs;
- pepper and herbs.
Take 2 medium -sized tomatoes, cut into thin slices and place in a sticky pan. Boil for two minutes, during which time take the egg and separate the white from the egg yolk. Then pour the tomatoes with protein, salt and sprinkle with chopped herbs on the omelet. Cover the pan with a lid and cook the omelet for 7 minutes. You can make a delicious omelet for breakfast every day without much effort.
Fish meatballs with sauce
Ingredients needed for fish balls:
- 1 onion head;
- 400 grams of fish fillet;
- 2 eggs;
- 180 grams of low -fat yogurt;
- greens: parsley, dill, basil;
Fish fillets must be chopped, mixed with eggs, salt, pepper, chopped onions must be added. From these ingredients, it is necessary to knead the minced meat and form small balls from it, which then need to be fried in a hot pan with the addition of olive oil. After frying, put the meatballs in the pot and boil for 5 minutes, add a little water. While the meatballs are boiling, take a cup, grind all the vegetables into it, add the yogurt, pepper and beat with a blender until a homogeneous mass is formed. Ready -made meatballs must be served with yogurt sauce.
Omelette with squid
Ingredients needed for cooking:
- 200 grams of squid;
- 3 eggs;
- bell pepper.
Soak the squid in boiling water for two minutes, until it easily peels off the film. Cut the squid into half rings and place in a hot skillet, after adding a little olive oil there. Put the chopped bell peppers on top of the squid, and pour the beaten eggs over the next layer. Salt the whole omelet, sprinkle with the ingredients, then cover and fry for 7 minutes. You can also make omelets with other seafood such as shrimp or clams, creating your own recipes for new dishes.
Protein Blast Salad
For salads, you need the following products:
- 2 eggs;
- 100 grams of chicken fillet;
- 100 grams of squid;
- low fat yogurt.
Boil boiled eggs, peel, cut into squares. Boil the chicken fillets until tender and then chop. Boil the squid in boiling water until soft, then lift and cool, cut in half rings. Combine all ingredients in a cup with low -fat yogurt. Optionally, you can add a variety of chopped vegetables to the salad.